- Workforce Development
- Williamsville, NY, USA
- Part Time
The Course is designed to help currently licensed and registered nurses who have been away from active practice to regain confidence in taking care of patients in various medical settings. It consists of lecture/didactic and hands-on laboratory skills training. Students will need to be a Registered Nurse and CPR certified.
The overall objectives of the course are to provide an opportunity for participants to:
1. Analyze and interpret legal, ethical, and professional responsibilities of nursing practice.
2. Practice in an accountable and responsible manner within the framework of the Registered Nurse, managing care of patients/families with complex health alterations.
3. Identify individual learning needs for transition to the acute health care setting and assumption of the Registered Nurse role.
4. Identify the role of the nurse in relation practice and functions
5. Review and enhance previously acquired nursing skills.
6. Communicate therapeutically in patient care situations to address patient/ family needs.
7. Collect significant patient data systematically and proficiently to determine physiological, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs of patients.
8. Implement safe and effective care based on changing needs of the patients
9. Evaluate expected patient outcomes in collaboration with the health care team
10. Communicate patient information as a member of the multidisciplinary team to improve patient care outcome.
• Current New York State RN License
• Associates Degree or higher
• Must have an understanding of basic medical terminology
• Intermediate knowledge of:
o Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• All required vaccines to work in a medical setting are current and up to date
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate any and all equipment involved with teaching a class (40lbs or greater)
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate persons involved with live demonstrations of at least 40lbs or over
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!