- Surgical Technology
- Buffalo, NY, USA
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Part Time
Trocaire College, in Buffalo, New York is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Clinical Instructor for our Surgical Technology program. The Clinical Instructor will be a clinical resource person for Surgical Technology students and will be responsible for their clinical assignments and evaluations.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Orientation of new students to the department, including the hospital's job description for Surgical Technologists, the Policy and Procedure Manual, the availability and location of educational resources, and all safety precautions and emergency protocols.
- Makes arrangements for the individual preceptor(s) for each student at the clinical site.
- Assigns appropriate cases to each student.
- Alters assignments as necessary to suit student needs.
- Monitors each student's progress throughout the course of the day.
- Makes himself/herself available for students' questions and learning needs.
- Exhibits professional behavior and serves as a role model for students.
- Promotes patient and student safety.
- Creates a positive and supportive learning environment, including being an advocate for the student's status as a learner.
- Makes systematic observations and objective judgments about student performance.
- Meets with each student individually once a week to discuss clinical performance.
- Maintains clinical evaluation tool located in Student Portfolio.
- Evaluates and signs off on all required Clinical Competencies.
- Gives each student timely feedback about his/her performance, providing suggestions for improvement.
- Meets regularly with the Program/Clinical Coordinator to maintain productive two way communication between the program and Operating Room personnel.
- Discusses student evaluation with each student's preceptor(s).
- At the end of each rotation, prepares (or supervises the preparation of) a Clinical Evaluation Form, documenting the progress of each student.
- At the end of each rotation, discusses the Clinical Evaluation Form with each student, attempting to provide guidance for future performance.
- Provides feedback to the program about current department/hospital policies or changes in practice in the field and makes suggestions for program modifications or improvement.
- Participates in continuing education seminars and in professional development opportunities in order to maintain current state-of-the-art knowledge and skills.
- Is in attendance at all scheduled Surgical Technology Department Faculty Meetings and prepared to discuss program goals, policies and educational methodologies.
- Maintains CST certification.
- Annually (at the end of each semester), measures student learning outcomes as per College Policy.
- College laboratory instruction.
In addition to the above, Trocaire College requires the Clinical Instructor to follow the guidelines of the institution's full/part-time faculty member position (outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement).
- B.S. Degree in Healthcare or a related field
- Certified in Surgical Technology
- Experience teaching not necessary, but preferred.
To Apply, please complete the application on the Trocaire web-site and upload your cover letter outlining your relevant experience, current resume, contact information for at least three (3) professional references, a copy of document of certification and a copy of your transcript. This documentation must be submitted for employment consideration. If hired an official transcript is required within 30 days of hire.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!