- Workforce Development
- Buffalo, NY, USA
- Part Time
This Program is designed to train students for entrance into Central Supply Services. The Central Sterile Processing program prepares students to develop skills necessary to properly disinfect, prepare, process, store, and issue both sterile and non-sterile medical/surgical supplies and equipment for direct patient care. In addition, students will learn to operate sterilizing units and monitor effectiveness of the sterilization process as well as become familiar with the Operating Room environment and the principles of aseptic technique.
Clinical experiences will be provided in a variety of WNY hospitals.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to apply to take the National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel Examination through the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Must be able to teach an effective class using a mixture of lecture, video and other tools to engage students in the learning process
• Track student performance and attendance
• Teach pre-defined curriculum that matches the outcome of the course
• Daily checking of email from the Director and or students
• Completion of all requested reports
• Being available to your students throughout the term both by phone and email
• Coordinating clinical sites (before and during the class)
• Associates Degree and/or experience in related field.
• Knowledge of:
o Introduction to Basic Sterile Processing
o Case Carts
o Preference Cards
o Identification of Surgical Instruments
o Preparation and Handling of Surgical Instruments
o Preparation and Packaging for Sterilization
o Sterilization Concepts of steam, dry heat, EO, gas plasma, and peracetic acid
o Standards of Infection Control and Asepsis
o Responsibilities and Regulations
o Anatomy and Physiology
o Types of Surgical Procedures and OR Set-ups
o Medical Terminology
o Surgical Linen Supply Packaging
o Medical Supply Distribution Chain
o Anesthesia Supply Distribution
o Safety, MSDS, and PPE
o Introduction to Operating Room Technician
o CPR/First Aid – current certification required
• All required vaccines current and up to date
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!